25 March 2010

Thursday morning and I have to let go of Lisa later today. David is sleeping in. He has had some rough nights, waking at 2 or 3 in the morning unable to go back to sleep. He has tried to stay away from his pain meds with codeine with the idea that his mind would be clearer, but his doc told him yesterday that he needed those pain meds right now. Taking them, he is able to breathe deeper and cough better -- not as much pain.

He is not finding it easy to be a patient, a patient patient.

Julia is having a rough week. Her teachers had said she is "not available for school work." No reading, no math -- drawing, just drawing. No easy for them at all. Julia bit one of her therapists on Sunday -- once again aggression rearing its head. First of all, I feel so badly that she bit even though there is nothing that I could have done. The bite broke the skin -- so a harder bite than she has done in a very long time -- and as Julia is Hep B+, the therapist went to her doc, found out that she had no immunity, got the appropriate remedy, and started the vaccination process all over again.

I see these behaviors as having to do with our life getting closer to normal and Julia being able to let down and act out her stress. But it doesn't help my own guilt.

We have a pleasant day of few must dos today; tomorrow is too full. I am supposed to interview for the UW program that I would like to do next year. I can't decide whether to cancel because any thing I do tomorrow will be rushed, let the interviewers know that I have limited time, or just try to fit everything in. I so want to be a part of this program.

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

I have a fifteen-year old son who is autistic. I know what it is like to feel both glad and guilty with regards to behavior. You have a lot on your platter right now.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
-Phyllis

Traci said...

Holding you tight as I catch up on my reading here.

Traci