02 March 2010

From the new laptop

I am writing from my new laptop -- Macbook pro that is shiny, new, and bigger than my old laptop. And more expensive as well, but oh what fun it looks to be. It will be awhile before I am fully integrated, everything is new -- program, terms, physical movements, and I have not made myself change over like this for a long time. My last brush with computer change was when I stopped using WP and switched to open office -- a free program that is "out of the mainstream" as my salesperson today explained. With the Macbook, I will be switching word processing, photos, and the general operating.

Well, change is good.

Right?

David brought home a copy of Ponyo from the library. It is a new release but I'm sure the line for it was not long. We loved it in the movies -- it was the movie that started Julia going to movies after a rather long strike.

This morning Julia asked about her heart candy -- the kid heart that Daddy gave her for Valentines. There were originally 5 pieces of chocolate in it and she had eaten one on Valentines Day -- moderate to say the least. David and snacked on another two and there were two left. I showed her this morning and promised she could eat them tonight. So after dinner, I took the box down and offered it to Julia. She opened the box and offered her Daddy one of the two chocolates. What a sweet child. She is instinctively generous.

Julia had a good day at school -- doing work, preferring math work to recess outside, and eating most of her lunch of noodles. She was having so much fun at school that she did not want to go home and was quite grumpy when I picked her up. I took her home and we sat together cuddling until her therapist came. She managed to calm herself but I still do not know what the grumpiness was about unless it was just the problem of transitions.

2 comments:

Traci said...

So happy about your laptop. Know that it's going to be a big adjustment and enjoy. Love mine! Scott likes his too.

Adelaide Dupont said...

A Macintosh laptop was always one of my big computing dreams.

Remember that the applications Apple make are often well integrated, especially over the past 10 years.

That was wonderful about Julia and the heart candy.