09 September 2009

Juggling in the closet

Okay, another day! How did the house get so messy and my desk get to be so much of heap? I was pretty much together last Friday, and now . . . .

I find that concentrating on one thing exclusively is detrimental to the rest of life. If I was working outside the home, I'd say I need a wife, but as a SAHM, what can I need? An assistant! Someone to keep the balls in the air while I dive into one area. I know that the key is moderation, but boy, is that tough. One, two, even three balls, I can keep up, but . . . . In college where I studied theater and dance (Gosh, I do have to say that now that life has changed so much), I learned to juggle. The teacher said that he learned to do it in a closet. After all, when you drop balls, the don't have far to roll. There is a metaphor somewhere in there, but I can't really draw it out.

Hey, thanks for recent comments! I am terribly behind on email and communication in general, so I can't really expect that I am going to catch up enough to reply to comments, but I love the support and the ideas. I read and consider. Thank you, dear readers, for taking the time to think about what I write and respond to it with pieces of your own life. It makes this experience of blogging so much more interesting for me.

I have to get back to juggling this morning, but first . . .

Julia had two hot dog buns this past weekend -- the first off-diet food in more than 2 weeks. Yesterday, we had some loose poop. Okay, ucky to talk about. Skip this paragraph if you want, but this is the first indication that there may be some result coming out of our change of diet. I was going to jump on it as a reaction to gluten but I am sure the bun also contained some milk product. My friend, Kay, who is alergic to gluten, told me that when she quit gluten she felt a sense of a veil being lifted -- her attention was much better, she felt clear and quick. And so, I wonder if this is the dramatic change we are hearing about from school.

Back to those balls

No comments: