16 September 2009

Just like you

Days are busy and the balls I am juggling hit the ground at times. I am lucky that I am not juggling eggs as my balls appear to be resilient, bouncing back up into my waiting hands. And then something small happens, and time is still:

I am proud that Julia and I have been managing well this week, especially in the mornings. And we are so busy that she falls asleep easily at night. Then again, so do I.

This morning, as I was getting ready to comb her hair for school, I asked how she wanted it done. I always ask questions, sometimes give options, in the hope that she will answer me. Sometimes she does, more often now she does, but not always. Today, I asked and she told me she wanted her hair done like mine, in a pony tail. I asked if she wanted a ribbon and she always does, and she said, no, she wanted it just like mine.

Now there are enough down sides to her wanting to be like me, but wow! how wonderful is that?? Julia wants to be like her mom.

No comments: