01 September 2009

More first day pictures

Julia did not perfectly line up, but she stayed with her class in the vacinity of the group. This is a huge improvement over last year at th beginning of school.
Julia was very cooperative walking into class. Considering that a week ago, she had a melt down before we visited school, today was a success! I cannot vouch for what went on inside school, but I worked in the lunch room today and Julia was pleased to see me when she came in for lunch but she did not break from line or shout out. She was appropriately happy. How nice was that!?
When Julia came out, she did not bound out of the building like she used to do. She was subdued and in control. She saw me and gave me a hug and kiss, but did not act as if she was desperate to see me.
This was success. Now, I can't wait to see what she can learn.

No comments: