28 September 2009

Monday

It is dreary and very windy today. Lots of wind and rain last night and lots of leaves, as well as our table umbrella down this morning. The city is trimming our trees today, or at least our smallest tree. I wonder what they intend to do with the two very large trees. It is tough to be the guardian of trees when I have no power to advice or request. I requested the trimming and there was where the power ended. I hope the cutters do not butcher those trees.

I wrote an Estate Letter to my family yesterday after one of my sisters inquired about how things were going. I had not updated them on the finding of the contamination and I really was not going to because it is just more of the same and no end in sight. I am assuming that everyone is okay with the progress because no one questions me. I have no time to guess at satisfaction.

Desk work today and hopefully some research time. And looking for a good chana masala recipe.

Julia wanted to be angry this morning. She worked herself up as she got dressed. I am in a quandry as to why she does that now and then. Not always, and handling it in the most nonplused way is the best way through it. But why? Is angry so comfortable? She was able to tell me that she was angry with me because I made her go to school. When she says she does not want to go to school, I say that I want her to get dressed now and talk about school later. Usually, by the time we get to schoo, she is calm. Today, she brought in a dinosaur skelton that she made this weekend with her therapists. I hope she is able to handle putting it away during school. We talked about putting it away during school time in front of on of her aides. Hopefully that will help.

No comments: