19 September 2009

Saturday

Julia is standing behind me holding my in a soft hug. She tells me to write that Julia is happy. I know that she is hoping that I will finish with the computer and let her on to play. She has discovered PSDKIDS.org and all the games there. She loves the new show Dinosaur Train. It is on at a bad time for her as she is already at school, but we have managed to catch it once this week around dinner time. And there are games and explanations of dinosaurs at the website.

Each time I slow down typing, Julia says, "are you done?" Ummmmm

We had two dental appointments this week, both on Thursday in fact. Ugh! Julia has an extra tooth in the gum above her front teeth. It has to come out because it is very close to her front teeth. And, a bottom eye tooth that is coming in is very week. It has chipped a little bit and it is a grey color. That has to be drilled, filled, and caped. We are going to try the drilling next month using nitrous oxide. If it is too much for her, which it might be we may have to go to the hospital and have both things done at the same time. The oral surgeon had suggested that they put her in a papus board, tying her arms and hands down. I nixed that right away. No more trauma is my cry! I know I cannot prevent all bad things from happening, but I can minimize what I see coming, and this is a definite place I can do that.

Julia is saying "No more words" and so I stop.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

If this "papus board" is what I think it is I wouldn't recommend it either. As a child I needed stitches. I was very frightened and would not hold still.The ER doctor had to restrain my arms and legs. I still remember that as being a traumatic time.
Trust your instincts about not using this device on Julia.