28 September 2009

Umm, I don't understand what is happening.

I did a whole lot of cooking today. David has been wanting to make chana masala -- an Indian chick pea dish -- and has been looking at recipes. I decided to make it today along with a chicken dish. The amount of work involved was more than I usually do for a weekday super but the dishes were great. I was going to post one of them here because I have a few friends who have asked what I am doing with GFCF cooking, but it seems I cannot copy from word processing.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Julia had a good morning at school, but a tough time with most of her therapy today. She could not stay focused on anything that Annie wanted to do during OT, and at home, she was really testing Morgan. I had to hold her for awhile and sit her on the stair for a time out. She just didn't want to do anything that she did not want to do.

Julia also seems to be more sensitive to sounds -- loud, but also metal rubbing against eachother, sirens, trains and thunder. This weekend she started pulling up her shirts to cover her nose -- an old habit that she dropped months ago.

This may be the step back after a few weeks of moving forward. She may be way over stimulated without enough down time. Today, for instance, she went to school from 7:30 to 12.30, then came an hour of OT, then we came home to therapy from 3:30 until 7:30.

And the weather is changing. Today, little kids needed stones in their pockets to keep from flying away. It was dark and stormy, very dramatic. Is it just too much change? Could be, I feel tht way at times.

No comments: