05 September 2009

Saturday

This morning, I made pancakes (gfcf pancakes! which tasted very good) and Julia helped me. She has always been interested in cooking and I've always attributed it to her chores at the orphanage. But she usually has not had the patience to follow my directions. Today, I asked her to take out two eggs, she did. Break the eggs into my batter, she did. Mix, she did, very carefully. And then she hung around and watched me cook. Is this normal for an 8 year old? It feels like it.

Of course, Julia being Julia was much too excited when David came down to join us and grabbed his arm when he was holding his coffee. It spilled all over. No, not perfect, but then she is 8, and her quick apology made me smile.

Casin (part of animal milk) works out of the body pretty quickly and Julia has been Casin free for at least 2 weeks -- probably more like 3.5. Is this new behavior due to a change in food? It is just so stark a change, so dramatic and in so many areas.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Oh, you encourage me, Suzanne. Instead of getting a job maybe I should make this next adventure.

Do you have website recommendations by chance?

Valerie is struggling and could use all the help she can get.

Traci