17 September 2010

LEND thougths

A good deal of the personal work to do during this first month of the MCH LEND program is to figure out what leadership values I want to work on, and to chose a project which I will work on for the rest of the year. I have done all the exercises and reading, but have come back to my gut to figure out both my values and my project. It will be a while yet before I narrow down my topic and figure out how to incorporate my values into my project, but I have been thinking and working on a first draft.

Leadership Value Goals:
1. Communication: Become more comfortable with written and oral communication, including presentations.

2. Cultural competence: Learn to work with families with cultural experiences different from my own.

Leadership Team work: Do not direct the group. Give more people a chance to take control and be an active listener.

Leadership Project (solo): Lack of attachment in young children and the resulting behaviors. Learn more about the results of a lack of attachment in adopted and foster children. Learn about the trauma that results from a lack of attachment. Find a way to present the information and some conclusion to help families struggling with their children's behavior.

No comments: