13 September 2010

morning

Progress is measured in such small quantities but each seems like such a big step.

This the beginning of the third week of school, Julia wakes up with less bother, is very cooperative about getting dressed (I am still doing that with her), eats breakfast, and puts on her jacket for school. She has no problem getting outside to wait for the bus, and actually waved this morning. I see that some of the kids at the stop are not enjoying her talking to and at them but she is not deterred and I am not going to stop her. She will practice until she gets it right.

Last night, we watched a bit of a dinosaur documentary-type show. She did not object to it being turned off -- which was great transitioning even though she was dead tired. And when I kissed her and told her I loved her, she said, "I love you too." Just as natural as any other kid. I have had to kiss her through a lot of "boo ya"s and no's and head turning and pushing me away and ugly words but all that melts away now.

Oh, I am so sentimental right now.

No comments: