03 December 2009

I am hitting a stride. I can feel it. I come to this blog in the morning and I want to start writing. I have not felt this way in a long time. I finish writing and I sit in meditation for a little while (sometimes only 5 minutes) but there is routine here. Sometimes I do not finish and entry and just save it, sometimes it never gets published but I am doing it. This is finding the inner life that I have great need for right now. The inner life is power and strength and keeps me going forward. I wonder how much I draw from the multitude of prayers, good thoughts and feelings, vibes, etc. that have been sent my way. I am so thankful.

My attention is so narrow. I cannot even listen to news -- I don't care about Tiger or Insurance Law or a troop build up or the opposition. Nothing. I see only a few things -- David and Julia most of all, Cheshire, preparing for David's surgury and recovery, PTO, play group, Christmas. Everything else falls away.

This morning Julia did well getting ready to go to school. When we got there she did not want to wear her ear plugs. I suggested that we go into the school before the bell and get her ready for class. She agreed and we went into a very quiet school (she commented how nice it was). She put her things away, went into her classroom, got her daily journal out, found a pencil and started working.

And yesterday, Julia made the most adorable little animals out of stripped pipe cleaners that her art teacher found. I have to see if I can take a decent picture. People stopped her in the hall after school to look at them. If she could make 100 I could sell them on Etsy.com.

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

What a WONDERFUL idea to go into school BEFORE the bell rings!

Would love to see the creatures. I can imagine Julia might not like to part with them - or her art teacher, for that matter.

It's all about quiet and meditation and peace now.

norie said...

suzanne...not sure if you have a Big lots store near you but they have been having some martha stewart craft kits for 2 dollars for awhile now...there are several kits with pipe cleaner animals like these that julia may love to put together...each kit makes several animals...my first graders loved them(as did 6th and 7th graders)...nice stocking idea...