28 December 2009

To answer Sarah's two questions:

Yes, Cheshire got home safe and sound and only a half hour late. Incredible! And we are so happy to have her home for the week.

And the Leapster 2 -- so far so good. I think it is a very good learning tool. We bought two programs -- Kindergarten and Pet pals. The first really teaches use of the leapster in general -- something which might help me. Julia can be either patient and go through the games/exercises or really frustrated with it. But she needs to learn when to use the arrows and jump buttons. Some kids might fall into this without any trouble. Julia needs to practice. I've been sitting with her when she plays and then leaving her alone when I feel she's done enough. So far she has played with it beyond my time with her but not for a long time. We have a way to go before it will occupy her on a long trip. From what I've read, there is a learning component to every game, with some more prominent than others. There is also an online check in for parents to see how the kid is using the games. That will not be of much value to me until I let her work with the leapster without me.

No comments: