07 December 2009

Kinda disappointing morning shopping. Just not up to the Merry-merry-la-la. So tonight I get back on the computer to order Julia's leapster - Thanks, Robin! I had checked out a few sites, found the official leapster site to be the cheapest, no charge for shipping, and then found a promotional code that saved an addition $13. Cost was not why we deprived Cheshire of computer games, but now I realize how much we saved by insisting that computers games were a waste of time for Cheshire.

I ordered two games -- A kindergarten series and a game about taking care of dogs. I am hoping that the letter part of the kindergarten program will be easy for Julia and it will lure her to do the number parts of the program.

After almost a month on Guanfacine, I don't think that the drug is doing anything for Julia. She bounces between hyperactive, which has not modulated with the drug, and lethargic. The lethargy is almost scary to me. She can just stare off, not at all interested is the person talking to her. She fell asleep again during speech therapy and it was clear that she wanted to stay awake. She is still getting angry which was something that this drug was suppose to address. I see a slight increase in her concentration, but I am not clear that that is due to the drug and not to her other therapy. Even if it is due to the drug, it is not enough to make taking it worth it.

Julia is also talking more about being sad. It doesn't always have a focus or a reason. She is close to tearing up, not really tears yet, but such sadness.

I think it is time for a change.

1 comment:

Traci said...

There may be a drug that is perfect. This drug sounds like it is NOT the right one. Good Luck, Suz'!

Traci