04 December 2009

Were you teasing me, Adelaide, when you wrote how going into school before the bell was such a wonderful idea? I am sure much smaller minds than mine had thought of this way before I did. LOL.

It is a measure of my narrowness that I tried playing a game of spider solitaire when I sat down at the computer and could not sustain attention. But I am a woman with a mission - a mission that I should be mostly done with planning by the end of today. Then, let the new heart come!!

I am putting all these lists and alerts into readiness, but it is sobering to know that they might not be used until next year. My preoccupation with preparedness is paying off. I should be mostly set up for anything and everything by tonight!

I haven't gotten pictures of the pipeclean animals. Must do. Must do. And holding on to that art teacher -- duh, yeah! He was trained as a special ed teacher and ALL of the kids love him. I have been planning to talk to him since the beginning of the school year. And I will get to it. This last sentence should be viewed as an affermation.

It snowed about .25 inch last night but Julia was so excited that you'd think it was a blizzard. And she doesn't care about cancelling school -- she wants to go out and play in the snow. This is a first for her. For the last three winters, going outside is the last thing she wanted to do. But she wants to go outside and build snow men, play in the back yard, and go down a hill. She also wants to go skating again (we did it once last year) and tells me that she will hold me up. Yes, I took a fall last year which is neither surprising or out of character for me, but she is very concerned about my well being these days.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Hope you do talk to that art teacher, or maybe that he talks to you.

(That he is trained in Special Education is a bonus. I would have thought that with No Child Left Behind, it would have been No Teacher Left Behind as well).

Interesting to read about your skating adventures.

Listmaking is probably one of the survival skills we used out of the cave! First we made them in our memories, now we have Web 2.0 programmes, as I was talking to N the Aspie Girl about.