28 December 2009

Monday morning, a 9 o'clock therapist and we are still in pj's. The therapist, although new to us, is cool about the pj's. Julia is ready to play. I did some very last minute pick up and sorting of toys which were spread over three rooms. I don't at all feel like cleaning but there is a necessity.

I am an awful housekeeper. And you know, I just don't care that much. I love a clean house, but I wish someone else wanted to do it.

I talked to Cheshire about what I do for reading work with Julia and she suggested I do more word games and word use, and pull back on the book reading. Because I usually can't do reading work every day -- when we have hours of therapy after a full day of school, I don't make Julia do more . . . . But rethinking that right now, I wonder if that is the exact time to do book reading because Julia does it cuddled up with me.

Back to original thesis of not doing reading work on busy days, I get exhausted too, and on those busy days, I want only to become a couch potato and turn on tv. I am resolving to do less of that -- we need to both read and play games. Maybe couch slug time should be our time to read to Julia.

1 comment:

Cindi Campbell said...

Amazing that she remembers it so well. Hope that speaking what she has treasured in her heart will bring forth some kind of healing. Blessings, Cindi