18 December 2009

Last day of school before Christmas vacation. Julia is excited to be out of school for awhile. She loved wearing her red dress again -- it has become her Christmas dress and she thinks it is a Chinese dress -- the red and mums make it look vaguely Asian. I did her hair in two little buns with ribbons and bells and she pronounced herself a pretty little Chinese girl.

I like when she says that. I like when she is proud of herself for who and what she is.

We started Julia on the stimulant today. She has been bouncing off the walls for the last few days, and there was no reason to hold off. It is interesting that I do see some effect of the last medication in her attention to David and I. That has stayed. We'll see if it remains.

I interviewed for a plum of a job this morning -- real legal geek work with the chance of doing some justice. The interviewer pulled my resume out of a stack about 3 inches high. I hope they are not interviewing all of people attached to those resumes. This is the first interview I've done in a long time. I had a great time talking to the two interviewers. I'd like the job.

'nough said.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Author spicydragon-sb.blogspot.com !
In my opinion it only the beginning. I suggest you to try to look in google.com

Adelaide Dupont said...

Hope you get a nice interview handshake, Suzanne.

I have read recently an interesting job interview handbook on Scribd, which has extracts. My comment to that book was I must admit I do not speak Job Interview! as it was structured as a phrase book.

Have seen the recent pictures, including the ones you made up as a scrapbook and the ones where Julia was sitting with Santa. Red and gold looks glorious as a background.

And as for chrysantheums: are they not a Japanese flower? There is a very cool book called Chrysantheum or about a little girl with that name. She goes to school for the first time and people make fun of her name. But, yes, according to Wikipedia, they ARE Chinese and were cultivated as far back as the 15th century. (Before Christian Era). I always do think of them as golden, and pink and white ones seem unusual when I meet them in pictures.

And they are used for insects.

Though it is a hybrid, this picture from Wikmedia Commons probably represents my Platonic form of the chrysanthemum.