22 December 2009

I did not start the day in a better mood that I left yesterday, but there was lots of snow, there was Julia working on reading, and there was baking to do. And now, I am much mellower.

Whew! It is me, all me, and nothing else. This brain can be such a burden! Anyone else feel that way? I've had lists running around my head for days, weeks now. Getting reading for David's surgery, getting ready for that perfect Christmas, getting a list of activities for Julia to do to occupy her during vacation (educational activities preferred). Oy! And I am failing to put enough checks on those lists. And who wouldn't? Rationally, I have all the answers but that rational portion is drowned out by the crazy, manic, demanding task master. Really, no one is demanding some perfect Christmas.

Julia had an interesting day today. Part of my calming down was getting in tune with Julia which is not easy these days because of the effects of the meds. I can see that the Adderall is having some effect -- Julia does slow down and it is easier for her to listen and do one thing at a time. When the drug wears off 4-6 hours, Julia is back to non-stop talking on at least four different subjects at the same time. While I blew snow this morning, Julia walked the dog up and down the street. She has never done this before and I think it was a bit scary for her, but she did as I asked. Maybe by next summer, Julia can walk the dog sometimes.

We did reading work after mailing most of our holiday cards and shopping for a few baking needs. Although our newest sight words are coming along very slowly, she is preserving through the book. Julia also really like to snuggle while we work on sight words and her books. I admit that sometimes sitting together with a blanket over us causes me to doze a bit. When we are going through a book, I point to words. If I begin to fall asleep, my finger slips and Julia puts it back to where it belongs. LOL. I remind myself of David!

So I end today feeling a bit more whole in heart and spirit.

3 comments:

Bobbi Jo said...

I agree completely, the brain can be such a burden!! I've begun to realize that the day goes as well as Mama's mood goes most days. If I'm easy going and calm so are the kids, if I'm worrying or tired or cranky so is everyone else. It's just hard to always be happy go lucky.

Hang in there as you try to sort out the pharma/transplant roller coaster.

Snickerdoodle said...

Hi there, we have just tried
neurogistics.com

Have you tried that? We are starting supplements in the next couple of weeks. This could be very very interesting. Learning about my dd's profile was very informative!

Best of everything,
Snick :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to all of you Suzanne. Hope we all have a better 2010 then we did in 2009.. My heart and thoughts are with you this Christmas season. Love, Carol