09 October 2009

Friday notes

I don't have the ambition to put much down tonight. Not exactly wordless, but finding it hard to put nouns next to verbs. So, snips:

Thanks for the comments. Good to have readers, good to read closely. I am looking closely.

In the fairy tale of our story, I am looking for the old wise woman who lives in the forest. The woman who is trustworthy. The woman who really knows more than I do.

Marilyn said that parents of complicated kids have to be the experts. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Julia had a play date today without a line therapist (because the line therapist cancelled -- first time, and a bit weird). She and Rowen really played together for awhile without supervision. There was also some parallel play and some play in different rooms, probably more that 7 and 8 year olds should have, but there were parts that just looked like two kids playing.

Julia showed me a snap shot book and talked about her room in China and when she first came home. I think we are ready for a life book. That would be a nice Christmas present.

Our school snack program has been funded! So the kids in Franklin Elementary School will have fresh fruits or vegies once a week for their snack at school. We had a friday flyer going home in backpack mail, an email on the listserv, and a short article in the newsletter and enough parents responded to fund the year. This is a shift in the culture -- food for our kids is now a real issue.

1 comment:

Traci said...

I hope it's not a disappointment to learn that you are the wise one in the group. Truly. That's why I didn't want to respond. I look forward to hearing what you decide; that's when the wisdom will spew forth.

I wish you didn't even have to make this decision.

What do the therapists think? I would be real curious to hear if the have an opinion about pharmaceuticals.

Love you both,

Traci