04 October 2009

Sunday

Last night, as a treat we had take out chinese food and potato chips. We rarely buy chips other than unsalted corn chips. This morning when I making pankakes and cleaning up from last night, I read the ingredients on the chip bag and those chips contained Milk! I wonder if the upset stomachs and unhappy poops that both Julia and I had this morning have something to do with the milk, or was it the Chinese food?

Julia has a cold -- coughing and runny nose. In other years, I'd think nothing of trying to medicate her a bit and taking her to church, but this year, I wonder if that is appropriate? At the morning greeting at church, we are told to greet people as we feel is safe and appropriate. Antibacterial gell appears in the most unlikely places.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Bless your heart with your diet trials! It must be very hard to change what you've always done. I've read your post on attach-china. Even though we have never done GF/CF, I do know that after a while, detoxing will make you feel like crud. Stick with it and see if things get better. I'm sorry you've had a rough patch.

Joy

Adelaide Dupont said...

Even corn chips can be pretty rotten (and you have said in previous recent blogs that Julia is having heavy reactions to corn). One never knows whether they are truly gluten-free (no matter what the label will say), which is why, when I want a quick snack in that regard with salsa, I use vegetables (celery and carrot). It has the added advantage that Julia can make and cut them herself.

For me: shake hands and wear gloves. Also, it wouldn't be such a good idea with the antibiotics. They sometimes tear apart the immune system. Your DAN doctor will have much more to say about this.

(Have you had your swine flu injections - when they come?)