31 October 2009

pumpkins

Julia wanted to have happy pumpkins. We looked on the web for happy pumpkins to carve and we found the two faces that we did. Julia was very pleased with her choices and was excited to carve her smaller pumpkin. I have a feeling that next year she will tackle the biggest pumpkin that we find. She named the smaller pumpkin Lilly and the bigger one Burt.
I drool over blogs with beautiful pictures of things that the writer has made. I rare take pictures of food and don't make enough crafts to post, but pumpkin carving is something the is so much fun. Also, when I do take pictures, I don't usually set the stage. Thus, pictures are taken in the kitchen or on the table -- yeah, too many pictures of Julia in the kitchen. So I decided to be more conscience of such things. I love what the oranges of the pumpkin look like on our front steps with the almost finished vines and fallen leaves around them. Yeah, I set this stage. And I am very proud of my Leaf pumpkin. The skin of this pumpkin is probably too thick to allow the light to shine through but I think it looks great at least during the day!

No comments: