13 October 2009

Notes

What an incredible day!

And I need to go to bed. Still, just a few notes.

Julia went to the dentist this morning to get her first filling. One of her bottom eye teeth has come in and is a bad/weak tooth. She had nitrous oxide and a shot of Novocaine, and was able to be very cooperative with the dentist.

We also went to the integrated medicine clinic, and although I was not too hopeful when I made the appointment, we met a very interesting doctor who knew what I was talking about when I asked for a biomedical approach. He have me some recommendations for filtered water, vitamins and supplements, and two referrals. One to a cranial sacral practitioner and another to a doctor the next town over who does heavy metal testing and other procedures for kids on the spectrum. I heaved a great sigh of relief as I left the office. I had persevered with the appointment on a whim, deciding that I needed to do it if I was going to fight for a medical practitioner who could guide us in a biomedical path. And here was someone who was ready to do just that.

I brought Julia to school after her appointments and she had a very good day. I try not to have many appointments in the morning and then to bring Julia to school because during the last two years she had reacted very badly under those circumstances. I was very happy to hear that she managed to work during the rest of the day.

Finally, about me. At the beginning of the year, I took on the motto of Clarity, searching for clarity in my life, about my life, and my day-to-day. I thought on the term, I meditated, and then mid year felt I needed to change this motto to giving myself away. Tonight, after a tough but incredible PTO meeting where a number of hard issues were discussed and some good decisions made, I felt that I was living the motto that I adopted. Although I have been adopting mottoes each year for a number of years now, I found that it was usually 18 months between my adoption and when the idea would begin to bear fruit. This year has been different. Tonight, I am close to myself. This is not easy but it is now.

No comments: