12 October 2009

Playdates

I like this picture. Julia is giving me her smile-for-mom look and Rowan is hanging on. You have to hang on if you want to be Julia's friend right now. I think that will change. I hope it will. And in this instance, Rowan and Julia both have their socializing issues but they are happy to see eachother in the playground and Rowan likes coming over. I thought nothing of playdates when Cheshire was a little one. Of course, there was Lizzie who was the child from hell, didn't listen to anyone except her nanny and pulled down our Christmas tree twice, and then Lauren who was Cheshire's first best friend and had as much stubborness built in as Cheshire. There were times one or the other one was driven home angry as all get out, but they were fast friends. Cheshire was 3-4 when all that started, and Julia is 8, almost 9, but the lessons are pretty similar.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

That's great that Julia can have a best friend/playdate like Rowan.

I'm sure Rowan really likes Julia too, as we have seen in previous blog entries.

Tell us more about the 'smile for Mum'.