15 October 2009

The rope is very thin and oh boy, I am at the end.

That's what it feels like right now.

Julia's behavior is not good these days. More hitting and more resistance to any idea that is not her own. This is tough on teachers and therapists. I have been too overwhelmed to really get back into brushing and music therapy as I wanted to last week. I have not implemented any of the suggested from the intergratred medicine doc. Two days ago, I know, but I have not done the easy stuff which I already have access to.

Maybe I am being to hard on myself and on us.

Julia's speech is disintergrating right now -- more stuttering, more fillers, more sentences that don't make sense. This is usually the sign that she will experience some leap forward. Boy, we could use it.

The general stress in the house is high, something that I will explain very soon. And poor Julia is feeling the effects. I have to say that every provider that we have ever contacted as said something about making sure the David and I take time for ourselves, respite, play. I always felt that I didn't need this sort of help, that we could handle it all by ourselves. Now, I need it. And if nothing else but for Julia's well being, I better see about it.

No comments: