10 October 2009

Saturday morning

Traci comments that I should not be surprised to find out that I am the wise woman. Oh, the quality of wisdom bar has been lowered. Or I am looking at wisdom from the other end.

When you are not educated, all you have left is belief (and I am not talking about religion here at all). I labored under the belief for a long time that if I found the right medical expert that I could get some answers. Now, I do continue to search for the person/people. I have to say that the closest that I have found in the autism realm is Kenneth Bock who wrote the book that I talked about previously. But there are those who call him a charlatan and a fraud, there are those who say that any biomedical approach is a waste of time, those who absolutely don't believe drugs help at all -- I am looking for someone who has looked at it all and can talk about it in an unbiased way. I am needing a good judge, a mediator -- not a very medical person at all.

Does it sound like I go kicking and screaming into knowledge? Am I the reluctant wise woman? Am I the judge who knows how little I know?

Just got off the phone with Debbie, our senior therapist, who was going to come this morning to be with a line therapist who has not used the new goals yet. Debbie is sick and cannot come. When I got off the phone, Julia asked if Debbie was sick and if she hurt. Julia has resumed wanting to know more about the world around her. And dare I say, empathy!?

We talked last night about a schedule for today. It includes therapy, shopping for a new jacket for Daddy and a toy for her good work this week, and then dinner with a friend. Julia remembered all of it this morning. I know the getting a toy for good work is quite an incentive to remember the rest, but she still remembered!

No comments: