04 October 2009

Tire jumping

Yesterday, the pumpkin patch had lots of simple activities for kids and because it wasn't very crowded, Julia was able to take her time and play as she wanted to. The was a "tire playground" and Julia became very interested in jumping from the middle of one tire to the next. This is such a little think but I have not seen her challenge herself physically in a way that was like this. I tried to catch her in the air and oh, I guess I have to learn something about my wonderful camera. I know I have a feature that allows for continuous photos but I am just too lazy to figure it out. Anyway, here are my best attempts. Julia was very pleased with herself for finishing the two lines of tires.


3 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Well, what a great autumn play and look on the blog!

Yes, playing in the tyres is great. Did Julia jump with one foot or two?

And there are so many exercises to do. I remember the girl I was studying was physically passive even as a pre-teenager and teenager, so it's great that Julia plays as she wants to.

Hope you discover the 'continuous photos' feature. My camera is a little Fuji of five years, and I don't know that it has one as such. There are smiley features and all kinds of things, not to mention the sheer amount of information (megapixels) they can carry.

Suz said...

Julia jumped with two feet, like a long jump. I have never seen her do this before. She was the one who wanted to do the jumping. I am interested in more exercises -- I've been investigating Brain Gym and programs like that.
Suz

Adelaide Dupont said...

Jeri from With love from Sumy has been doing Brain Gym with her Alex (until he was institutionalised again) for some time, and it was somewhat effective.

Long jump was always my favourite athletic exercise, apart from distance running and hurdles. It was wonderful to jump in the sand and run beforewards.

Do let us know the results and conclusions of your research. A lot of people might not know that there are other programmes like Brain Gym. Or that the field is applied kinesology with a root in chiropractics (which can be in either Western or Eastern medicine, or have a mix of both).