14 January 2010

Clay dinosaurs

I really love using Julia's work to scrap with. I fully expect that one day she will ban me from doing anything at all. So, I will have fun now.
_______________
After comments. I received one comment that I do not understand, and those kind of comments always get me wondering. When I take pictures of Julia's art and then use them on a scrapbook page, I do it for my own and Julia's fun. Julia really likes the leaves that I put in and loves to see pictures of her work. But I don' t romantisize it. I did not make up the actions of the dinosaurs or pose them or make them prettier than they are. She, in fact, told me that the mother was taking care of her eggs and the sister was singing. I don't mean to suggest that Julia does any of the scraping nor do I mean to show any disrespect to Julia's work by playing with it. And of course, I am very proud of her work. Like the mother dinosaur tht I am.

2 comments:

Skyrider said...

This sculpture is exquisite -- those magnificent curves, the tip of the tail just touching the earth, heavy, solid legs to secure her to the earth, the tenderness of the gesture in nurturing the eggs, the happiness of the singing sibling. A delightful expression of happiness and contentment. Glad you were there with a camera.

Anonymous said...

I want not agree on it. I assume warm-hearted post. Specially the appellation attracted me to read the sound story.