04 January 2010

The house is quiet for the first time in two weeks. Ah. How nice. It is taking me all morning to pick up the house. Even though I got the tree out of the house yesterday, there is a lot out of place and messy. Good cleanings are needed all round, but that needs to be put off for today.

Julia woke up when I turned on the light in our room this morning -- and she said she wanted to go back to sleep. The kid's clock is beginning to set to a later time which is great. Is this another bump down in vigilance? She was grumpy and did not want to go to school but it was not too hard to cajole her into dressing and getting ready. By the time she went downstairs, she was into breakfast and school.

I did the research on fish oil and stimulant and it seems that withdrawing the fish oil was a totally wrong call. I am going to double her dose which was the recommendation from two docs and hopefully it will not take too much time to get her back where she was. I do believe that it was mildly controlling her hyperactivity and impulsivety. Never enough to make fish oil the only thing she took for those behaviors, but now I wonder if some of what we think is the removal of the guanfacine, really the due to the removal of fish oil.

Thank goodness there are no blood tests for Julia's conditions, and double thank goodness that I do not have the ability and means to do them. I'd be testing her all the time!

Julia went into school without any trouble at all. She greeted everyone she met as she was going in and did what she needed to get ready for her day. Then she sat down and started working on her journal. Coming into the room before the rest of the class is very good for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My son takes 2 Carlson Brand Salmon Oil a day and we can see a difference when he takes the fish oil.