31 January 2010

I was thinking last night about the heart that David will get. We don't know when it will come but right now it is being used by someone inside whose body it has grown and thrived for years. Whether it is next week or in 3 months, there is someone walking around with what will be David's new heart, and he or she is living their life. That life will end soon. They are kissing their wife, child, grandfather, brother, lover for a last time. They are dancing or drilling or shoveling snow or driving much too fast for the last time. They are eating their favorite food or stopping at a fast food restaurant just to get ride of their hunger. They are watching French movies or football games. They are planning their future.

We will never know them -- him or her. But we will get to know their heart intimately. I do not wish their death, but I want their heart for David. Such confusing emotions to process and carry around day to day.

4 comments:

Bobbi Jo said...

Wow. An overwhelming feeling, I'm sure. Makes me want to squeeze my family tight and double check that I'm lined up to be an organ donor at the same time. Best wishes as you guys wait and process and wonder.

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense to get income with a money that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Unknown said...

As a heart transplant recipient, I can assure you that it will be an emotional process. These thoughts will be compounded many times.

But, please remeber this ~ Both David and the eventual donor are part of God's plan. When the big Guy decides it's time, that's when things going into motion. You or David will not have caused this person's death. It's simply the path we are on. God wants David here longer for some reason, to touch other's hearts or touch others lives ..... there is a path for David. I will pray for a short wait and a speedy recovery.

http://My2ndHeartBeat.Wordpress.com

Traci said...

Oh, Suzanne, you got hit. I received one of these the other day. How are they getting through the id process? grrrr!

Scott & I have sat and talked about this same topic in relation to David's heart. It must be terribly confusing emotionally. We pray for for David every day at our house. Our children now understand that parts of our bodies can be transplanted and made healthy again. They have also come to understand that someone else has to die for this to happen. The conversations have been deep and interesting. Thanks for helping us teach our kids. Prayers and love from Tipp to you three!!