28 January 2010

Started on Thursday; continued on Friday

I talked to another architect today -- someone who I was predisposed not to like because we did not hit it off on the phone. He was very impressive. He looked at the whole house and not just the floor that was going to be renovated. He had a radically different idea about putting in a bathroom which may or may not work but it was something that I had not considered. I liked that. I have one more to see, probably next week. Then a decision. I am not eager to make the decision but I am excited to start the design phase of the first floor.


This planning, looking, shopping, researching for the renovation of the first floor is, right now, my diversion. The way I stay sane.

Friday, I am talking to the designer at a design/build firm. I like the firm and I like the guys I have met. They are, however, expensive.

Budget, budget, budget. And so much better to worry about than where and when that heart is coming. The waiting is getting to me today -- yeah, like it is isn't always on my mind. I am not David and I do not wear the little pump 24/7 and so, I am able to forget for seconds and minutes.

I am very cranky today. Because, because, because of the wait which is wearing like the winter right now. It feels like we have had enough snow and cold weather and yet I know we have months to go. Please, not months for the heart!

Last night with no therapist at the house, Julia and I worked for over an hour of reading and words. She is finding many of the pages of our kindergarten work book pretty easy. I might be able to more her up to a first grade reading work book when we finish this one. She is also enjoying the Leapster Kindergarten now, and one activity moved her up to the second level. After dinner, we played Kerplunk (sp??) in reverse -- who got the most aliens to fall from the space ship. Julia picked the game, she took turns, and she didn't shake the space ship so all the aliens fell at one. Little steps, but none of that would have been fun last year.

I am walking on egg shells this morning -- waiting for another call about Julia's behavior. Maybe it will not come today. Maybe, maybe . . .

No comments: