17 January 2010

I had no idea what to make for dinner, and asked Julia what she wanted. I really expected her to say rice or noodles or dumplings, but she opened the freezer and pointed to an orange container. "This," she said. "Do you know what that is?" I asked. "No," she answered, and as she walked by to the living room added, "don't worry, it's good."

Tonight, I got really angry at Julia for not focusing on the work we were doing. Ugh! I was ugly. In utter frustration, I assigned her a page of punishment work . . . and she did it. For better or worse, Julia really responds to my anger. I don't want this to be the only way that she is able to do work. I did apologize to her and Julia forgave me and then explained to me what I could do
to calm down and have a better attitude about work. She may not do those things all the time, but she is listening.

Oh, I love my girl. She is scared and stressed and worried. She has been spending a lot of times in my lap and in my arms. And that is good for both of us.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

That's when you show 'real' feelings or at least the ones that she is used to.