09 January 2010

Julia has a day of therapy ahead, some of it making up for time we've missed this week, some just part of this semester's plan. In the summer we will go back to a five day a week therapy program so that we can have weekends as a family, but for now, . . . Sometimes I feel so constrained by therapy and now for the wait for David's heart, and then sometimes it is just a boundary, a basic rule. It is my ballet.

Little by little, the therapist -- and us of course -- are getting Julia to play games. The three letter word game sent by my friend, Robin, for Christmas is one of those that we are working on. Making 6 3-letter words is all she needs to do to qualify as playing a game. She still needs me to support her to do it, but we've gotten through it 4 times. And today, for at least one word, she was completely in charge.

Baby steps.

I am finally getting back to finishing my back hall. Painting today,maybe even tomorrow, and then I hope that I can finish the sanded floor. Starting by going through the baskets and shelves to see how we are using the new storages places. This takes time. And starting with this before noon, I don't start painting until 2. This is so much of my life, so many tasks take so very long to prepare for.

No comments: