18 January 2010

Julia and I woke up at 7:30, very late for her and lovely for me. We watched Sesame Street and ate our breakfast of home made muffins, grandpa sent grapefruit, vitamins and medications, milk for Julia and diet coke for me -- some how diet coke is my recent preferred cafine delivery beverage.

Julia's dictation: The T-Rex is carrying the flower for the raptors to eat.

_________________________________

Later. We are doing our hospital visit for the day. It is good to have a long weekend and for Julia and I to get used to visiting and having some meals with David without school and therapy getting in the way. We are defining new normals -- at least, that is what I feel like we are doing. I expect this normal will alter over and over during the next few months. David has asked for his old life back. Yeah, me too, but I am in the "change is life" mode right now and moving full speed ahead.

One tell tale sign that this is tough on Julia -- she refuses to kiss David which is incredibly unusual for her. We are just going with it. I hope she gets back to those kisses when David gets home.

David is responding really well to a new med and they are talking about sending him home with the IV which he would really love. But that is the news at this minute and yesterday they said that they never sent anyone home with an IV.

We are trying to keep Julia occupied at the hospital without watching tv all the time. I've brought games for us to play together and I let her play with her Leapster as much as she wants to.

Then, when no one can take it anymore, we turn on the tv and veg out together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.