13 January 2011

Digging into sympathy cards and messages to make sure my address list for my card is complete. No question at all why I waited all this time. Each wish is sacred, each card a treasure, each prayer and sentiment bring a tear. I know there are many who would have taken on this task sooner, and some who might feel slighted by my lack of thanks for their generosity. But how? How could I have done it sooner when even now, from a spirit much strengthened by caring friends and the almighty healer, time, it is painful. I am sure I will find a few card unopened, and more that were opened and put in the basket without really reading. This is not my indifference but how much it hurt at the time of receiving. I still hurt, but the hurt is not debilitating. It is the pain of healing.

No comments: